Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mustang Stallion


I wanted to share this guy with you all; it is the progression of a classic mustang stallion.

Although pretty boring in monotone, I think is a good way to see his entire progression. My goal with him to not so much 'customize' him as to 'restore' what he lost in the plastic. I found it to be a really different type of prepping; in that it was less sanding and filling, and more sculpting with a dremmel, trying to channel the original piece underneath. I would love to make him indistiguishable from his china counterpart; having him look as the original sculpture would have when Maureen first created him. From there, much of the detail will be carefully painted-in, accentuating the structure beneath.

It seems so silly, but the big triumph on this boy was his boy parts. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about on the original body... no definition between his tail/legs/parts... what a mess! Now that has all been worked out. One thing I noticed after this particular photoshoot was that he was missing... some parts... and since then that has been fixed so he is a proper stallion. :-)








No comments: