Wednesday, April 29, 2009

almost there...


While I continue to work feverishly on painting the Mud Pony, I wanted to share the other half of this story-- the Pawnee boy. The interaction between him and his pony are just awesome in person.

The boy is an original sculpture and is large trad. scale. He still is a little ways from being finished... he needs his moccasins/loincloth, and his hair styled a bit better, but for the most part he is nearing completion. I kept him a bit stylized (he is from a storybook after all!), but wanted to capture that terror/amazement that one would have when they see a clay pony come to life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow ! that boy is really good! I can see so much emotion on his face! Im so impressed..!!!! your really good at people! we need more and better dolls in the hobby! wow I cant wait to see this set p all done.. its going to be really nice! I hope you will post alot of photos when its all done. jsut WOW!
Rebecca Turner
www.solticeartstudio.blogspot.com