Thursday, July 30, 2009

More sharing!


And here is a Finn who was also finished last week. I had forgotten how *adorable* this piece is; he was so much fun to paint. I would not be opposed to painting more, if anyone has some nekkid ones! Ha! I want one for myself. You can click on any of these images to blow them up large to see the tiny details on him.

This little guy also has a new kind of dapple technique... where I actually pulled the paint up in those spots instead of painting on the dapples in washes and then blending them out. I know that Carol Williams will do dapples this way sometimes, but she works with oils, and thinner-- this is the first time I have tried it with mt acrylics-- and I really like how it looks.

It started as an accident, mostly because its been so horrendously humid and nothing is drying... I got a little bit of fuzz on him, and went in with a paintbrush to remove it, and scrubbed a little too hard! The paint came up, revealing the layer underneath. Well, it looked like the perfect dapple, ao I did a few more... and this is the end result. :-) I love it because it looks SO much more natural and soft.

No comments: