Friday, July 3, 2009

More rain... and a champagne

When we actually counted it up, we had 24 days of rain in June. July doesn't seem like its going to be much sunnier... this whole past week has had terrible humidity broken up by huge thunderstorms. I am continuing to get frustrated as nothing is drying, even with the air conditioner on full blast. I am taking a proactive approach this weekend and getting a second dehumidifier. Blarg!

In order to keep myself from fussing too much on tacky horses (the more you fuss on them, the worse it gets)... I've started MANY horses to keep me occupied. So, I have various horses all in different stages of completion in the studio, including the Guest Artist Ravenhill that Stacey auctioned off a few weeks ago. His owner picked a color for him that I never would have expected... champagne tobiano!!! I must admit though, I am having a lot of fun with him. I love doing dilutes, especially unusual ones like perlino/cremello and champagne. He needs to go a bit lighter per her request, but I am pleased with how he is looking so far.

He still has a ways to go... lots of detaily type stuff. I will lighten up his body color a bit and then do deatils this weekend. I want to have him dry and ready to go on Monday, along with a few other pieces who are near completion. They aren't quite as exotic as this guy though! I left the pics big, so feel free to click on them to see the detailwork so far. :-)

No comments: