Thursday, July 16, 2009

Equi-potomus


This handsome guy was another one I was able to finish last week and get on his way home. Although I love how he turned out (chestnut is one of my favorite colors in general!), and love the sculpture, he really took a toll on me to get finished. I grossly underestimated the surface area on this fellow, he just is one massive dude... I had to come up with some clever ways to hold him so I didn't get cramps in my hands. For most of his painting, I had my knees up at about chest level so that he could sit on them and so I could have both my hands free.

I have some new fun projects coming up soon too, which I can show the whole start-to-finish on. One is a Polaris that was actually started by Mel Miller. She gave him a new mane, but he still needs a new face (it is just a stump right now) and a new tail. I also want to do some more body work to make him a bit lighter. I'll be posting his progress as I get working on him-- he is a great piece to do 'tutorial' type entries on since he needs SO much work!

No comments: