Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Horse shaped Object!

I know... its been a LONG time since my last post! I have a good excuse though. This past week my good friend Jenn (Irwin) Scott came for a visit.

It was an awesome week and we had so much fun. Studio time, riding, and just hanging out... the week just flew by. On Saturday we had a show were we both were judging, and afterwards a group of us went to Friendly's for dinner. Jenn had never been to a Friendly's, since they don't have them in Colorado. She got really excited about the ice cream.

Yes, thats a 5-scoop Jim Dandy in front of her!! And she finished the whole thing. She's my hero.

Jenn also brought her new LB stock horse resin "Second Glance" for show and tell. Let me tell you... this little guy is SOOOO adorable in person. I had no idea how wonderful his details were until I actually got to hold him in my hands. I loved the scale of him; he fits so nicely in your hands, not too big or too small. We talked a lot about sculpting... and she really encouraged me to get something started myself. So, today I put together an armature and started fleshing out my portrait of Lilly, my draft-cross mare.


Of course, this is still just the beginning stages. I had to order more epoxy since I went through so much of it getting to this point; I should have enough left to fill out her legs a bit more tomorrow, and start really defining her muscling. Lilly will be large classic scale... larger than the Breyer classics, but smaller than regular traditionals. I haven't measured her yet since she is still so in-progress, but once she actually gets some detail on her (like feet) I can give dimensions.

I'm really excited about this project... I'll be sure to share the process along the way. :-D

No comments: