Wednesday, June 24, 2009

if you don't like the weather in New England..


...then just wait a minute! That saying has never been more true... especially lately. Its been raining while the sun is shining, freezing cold one night and sweltering the next, and for the past few days the humidity has been just incredible. I looked at my humidity gauge today out of curiosity, and it read 68%! Blarg. No wonder nothing has been drying. And tomorrow the weatherman predicts temps in the 90s, with 80-90% humidity. And crazy heat lightening in the evening. Awesome!

The only things that seem to be enjoying this miserable dampness are the flowers. I took these pictures this afternoon... and get this... it was NOT raining. This is moisture that has just collected from so much water in the air!

3 comments:

Carol H. said...

Beautiful pictures -- and beautiful roses! I wish my roses looked that nice :-)

Vicky said...

We have that saying in Texas too. Lovely roses, I so wish I could grow them here, but we are too dry and way to hot for such lovelies to grow.

Unknown said...

Beautiful rose!!! wow that is humid. is was 68% humidity here yesterday but not as hot... I kinda miss the dry heat in phoenix.. speaking of.. vicky! .. phoenix Arizona...which everyone knows is very hot and very dry is the US 's biggest commercial grower of roses.. so yes roses actually like dry hot weather! so you can grow them there.. you just have to water them but not too much or they get diseases really easy. I had about 6 rose bushes including climbing roses in my backyard and 3 in my front yard and when I rented a townhouse in Scottsdale the neighbor guy had about 20 beautiful really big rose bushes in the yard and let us cut the flowers when they were in bloom ... so ck it out .. they do like dry and hot, grow really well in the heat and Im betting you can find some that are grown just for your area.
REBECCA TURNER
www.solticeartstudio.blogspot.com