Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hudson Valley

This past weekend I went to Hudson Valley, a show here in Region 10, and actually got a chance to do some performance-- with a brand new horse to boot! The last time I showed performance was before NAN 2008. It was good to tack something up again. I took the western pic, but the other pics were taken by Corrie McDermott who was at the show. Her pics are WAY better than mine!!

This is "Aztec Silver", a customized Eberl I *just* finished for myself this past week. This poor guy was in process for the better part of 8 months. First I kept fussing on the resculpting, then I couldn't for the life of me decide what color he should be. I need to do a proper photoshoot of him now that he is finished; he is actually a fleabitten dapple gray but its hard to see in pictures. I am really pleased with how he turned out. I need to get some closeups of his details.
He is to be my new performance horse, and he did quite well! I did 5 classes with him, and he ended getting blues in all of them. I was so excited! And then did quite well in halter, with a 1st in workmanship and a 2nd in breed! WOOT! I also took "Glambert" for his debut, and he came home with a blue/NAN card and Workmanship Top 10 ribbon. Such good boys!

Here also is a picture of the elusive "Mork" portrait horse. You can't really see the spots on him, or all his delicate pinking, but its probably the only full-body shot of him I have right now. He is off to NAN along with 2 of his friends, and I have my fingers crossed that they make me proud and are on their best behavior. I really wish I could have gone!!

3 comments:

DrSteggy said...

Good luck, Mork!!!

Sian said...

Can I ask who made that beautiful huntseat doll? It's fantastic!

Liesl said...

That would be Sheri Wirtz! She just got a new shirt by Joan Yount. :-)