Saturday, December 6, 2008

a slow week here at the studio

Thats an understatement! Its been crawling. I've gotten only a few things done that I wanted to, thanks to either a cold or the flu finding me and knocking me right on my rear. Yesterday I spent a lot of time outside and when I came in to warm up... it whacked me a good one.

I've started working a bit on Miss America, who is coming along really nicely. She is going to be customized a bit with a new mane/tail, and a few other minor modifications. I think she will really be something special when all finished. I have a few colors that I'm trying to decide between right now, including palomino, a mostly white buckskin tobiano, and dark seal bay.

Because I am behind this week, I probably will have to wait another week to list Stormy. I want to get a few more commissions finished up before I list another sale piece... I dunno, I just feel strange listing sale horses when there are still pieces here that people have been waiting on.

Also... just a quick side note... Daisy is feeling MUCH better and has been all fired up the past few days. Her face is healing up really well and her hair is starating to grow back a bit. She's on antibiotics, and probably will be for the next 2 weeks to make sure whatever caused the absess is gone for good, but she's feeling great, and thats most important. :-)

No comments: