Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring!

Today was the first nice day we've had this season... and BOY, was it beautiful out!! It was around 60, and I was able to open up the studio windows and let some much needed fresh air in. I even took the dog-children out for a walk. Poor kids... they were probably expecting a short walk up and down the street, but I was enjoying the day so much that I just kept going. Daisy, the basset hound, was exhausted by the time we got back. We only did about 2 miles, but for a dog with short legs, I bet that seems like an epic journey. I've often thought about fashioning a Radio Flyer so that the other 2 dogs could pull it, and that way when she gets tired I can put her in the wagon and keep on going. Hmm... that would be quite a sight...

The only bad thing about a heat wave is that EVERYTHING turns to muddy goop. The pastures are a mess of muck!! The horses don't seem to mind at all, and Lilly, my draft cross mare, loves splashing in the puddles.
In more "hobby" news, the first show of the season is 1 WEEK away! Oh god, I am not nearly prepared. I wanted to have so much more done... including two horses for myself. But, I've had to put them aside for the time being in order to get some commissions done that want to bring with me to this show. One of these was for Vicky Norris, who got a spotty Hazel. I traded a *brilliant* parade set with Vicky for this piece. I've already gotten the set, and it is just so incredible... I hope Vicky loves her Hazel as much as I love my tack! Here is a progress pic of Ms. Hazel so far. Feel free to click on the images to blow them up big! I am pleased with how she is turning out.


I've also been plugging away on Imp, and just recently got my copy of Bitty Bosco! Its mustang mania over here. Imp is shaping up pretty good, but he has got a LONG way to go.

I've been fussing over him in between other horses, since I'm on a tight schedule this week. I really shouldn't be working on him at all, but I couldn't help myself. He's so darn cute!

Bitty Bosco also is something that I am just tickled with. He is SO much more detailed than the pictures show, he is really something special. If I dare say so, I like him better than big Bosco. My thoughts are mulberry gray for him, and I spent some time today prepping him. I'll post progress pics of him too as he gets his color.

I also have Mr. America (he really needs a new name...) almost worked out. I'll post some pictures of him too next week, along with his sales info. :-D

Liesl

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Liesl! She is gorgeous! I know I'm going to treasure her!
Thanks so much for the trade!
Oh, and Imp...I adore him and yours is going to be gorgeous!
Vicky