Monday, January 19, 2009

A Tribute to Moon Boots


Yea... you all laughed at Napoleon Dynomite that he wore moon boots all the time... but MAN... he was onto something!!! If you've never worn a pair, or even tried some on... go and get some. Right now. I'll wait.

Ok, got them? Now put them on. Ahhhhh.... its like having your feel wrapped securely in a soft down comforter. I'm telling you... once you experience moon boots, you'll never go back to regular boots again.

If you couldn't tell already, I am a moon-boot believer. I haven't always been though... I was just like everyone else who looked at them and thought that those must be the ugliest things I have ever seen... which actually is quite a statement coming from me since I've always had a love for ugly footwear.

The story behind my very first pair is that my sister actually got them for me as a joke... but then when I started wearing them... I soon became convinced that they are most awesome boots ever. It started when I put them on to take the dogs out in the snow... and then I started wearing them to the studio... and then I said "The heck with what other people think!" and I started wearing them out. And ironically... the most common thing I hear is "those boots are awesome!". And they ARE awesome, my friends... they really are!

The moral of the story is... don't judge a boot by its cover... LOL!!

No comments: