Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My brother's wedding and more

For those of you who read my yahoogroup posts, you know that things have been pretty crazy here lately. This post is kind of like an update with fun photos to share the happy things now that life is (hopefully) returning to normal.

First... here are some photos from my brother's wedding, of myself and my brothers & sister. From left to right: Caitlin (younger sister), Kyle (oldest brother), Kip (groom and also older brother) and me. I don't think we've had a group shot of us since we were little! It's cool to have one of us all together, especially with all of us looking so nice, LOL.



Greg has also gotten a "new" car to replace our poor Mazda3 that was in the wreck. He has this strange love for old diesel Mercedes, ever since he had one before we were married. So, when a friend of a friend had one for sale... Greg was so excited he could hardly stand it. And here it is... in all its vintage glory: a 1980 Mercedes SD. I've never seen $500 car make a man so happy.

My mom is doing better, and was actually MUCH better halfway through Monday afternoon after the condition (transient global amnesia) ran its course. We knew she was feeling alright when she requested her laptop so she could research what happened and check her email.

Yea... things are back to normal around here! :-)

I'll have model horse pics soon to share, probably tomorrow. Time to get this hijacked blog back on track with plastic ponies propaganda!

2 comments:

Morgen said...

I think the reason I've felt SO bad for you with your mom's thing is that I've had a few family members with memory loss (so scary & disheartening).. and a brief (stress induced) 10 min time loss myself (terrifying to suddenly go 'no really, uhm what happened & how did I get here').

I love Greg's new $500 car. Yay for him. Hope he's feeling better too.

We get together soon, eh? I've been just trying to pull away from this machine and devote all time to the studio myself... yay for you to be back on track as well!

Hugs again to your mom. It's nice to see her looking happy there.

Oh and once again, I didn't recognize you all dressed up! :D Great pics! :)

Unknown said...

Oh I hadnt heard! what caused it a car wreck? Im glad she is ok now..I had heard many years ago about this couple who were in a bad car wreck in california while on vacation....and the guy in the wreck could only remember the last 5 or 10 minuets in his life.. you could go tell him something, come back 10 min later and you would have to introduce yourself and everything all over again.. he never recovered though... he had to live in a place like a nursing home for years.. Im so glad your mom is better.. they said it was rare for that to happen like it did to that guy and him not recovering.... it was actually a friend or relative of a friend is how i heard about it.. I heard about someone else getting that too but it cleared up after a few weeks.. anyway.. Im glad everyone is ok now.. you will have to tell be about it sometime.. your mom sure is pretty! just like you and your sister.. she really looks like you guys! Oh and work on your horse is coming along.. slowly.... about ready to cut he head off again I think the necks a tiny bit too long..lol
Rebecca Turner