Thursday, November 13, 2008

Today I continued work on a pair of roans that have been an ongoing project since before Bfest. These two are a Poudre and Punjabi, who are a red roan pair. Now, its hard enough to get one side of the horse to match the other side, let along FOUR sides to match... but not match TOO much, if that makes sense. I've been working hair by tiny hair on these guys for so long now... I REALLY want them to be finished because their very patient owner I am sure is ready to strangle me. First they are too dark... then too light... then too pink... then too brown... but I think now I am getting the two to work well together. In the process of working out their coats, I also started 2 other roans to experiment on.

In other news, I just finished this guy. He turned out to be a golden beauty! I was sad to see him go. This name is "Midas". He was the first horse I used a bit of irredescent paint in his mane/tail, and the results were just *amazing*. White or cream manes/tails will be getting this blend more often!

2 comments:

Carol H. said...

Beautiful color on this one!

Anonymous said...

Tell Pujab and Poudre that "Mom" says hello! I can't wait to see them when they return from their "vacation!" Thanks for working on them with such diligence, I appreciate it!