Monday, December 13, 2010

Making sculpting fun again

Its been a really, REALLY long time since I last posted anything. I am going to try and post more regularly, to keep people updated on whats going on not only in my life, but what I've been working on. I am trying desperately to get back into doing SOMETHING... however, the cards have no exactly been in my favor down to even having a place to paint. Now I have one more impending move in my future, and this one I hope will be the last for a long while. As of this moment, this season... I am just trying to start having fun again with creation.

The two dolls I did blew up royally because I grossly underestimated how long they would take to assemble. I had such high hopes... but now I think that instead of assembled I will just have to refund those who wanted them, and offer them unpainted. Anapay actually was damaged in one of my moves, so he will require some finessing before he can be offered again. They were the last things I was working on before my life got turned upside down, and while I do hope to get them offered and out there, those interested will definitely be getting them with some assembly required. I do have Hiamovi available, unpainted, and unassembled.

This was my first tackle back into sculpting. It actually is intended for a christmas gift, and I can't decide on whether to finish it in bronze or in a salt/pepper color. Originally he was supposed to be an ornament, but now I am thinking of putting him in a shadow box. I also have been toying with the idea of pouring a mold for it before it gets boxed up, with the intent of it being the first in my Mutz Art line (those of you who have been following this probably know what I'm talking about). Basically, Mutz Art is a line of dog-related art that I am putting together a new site for. I want it to be offering ALL types of dog related art, whose profits benefit shelters across the country. Hopefully as I get my stuff together I can start working on that again. My next little portrait piece will be a pointer, then a shepherd. After that I will be taking requests.

I'll be posting more photos of him as I get him in primer and then decide how to finish him. Any thoughts would be appreciated... !

3 comments:

Field of Dolls Studio said...

There are no pictures. I would love to see what you are sculpting though.I hope life calms down for you soon ☺

Unknown said...

Hey!
I sent you an email about your remake.. did you get it?
I hope your doing ok... also wish the pic had shown up too... anyways.. email me! let me know if you got my email.. am waiting on you before I do the mane and tail on him.
Rebecca Turner
Becky@solticeart dot com

Unknown said...

are you ok? have you gotten my emails?
Becky Turner