Monday, February 2, 2009

planning a live show



This weekend I found myself greatly distracted since I've started planning a live show of my own. I've never hosted a show before, and so all the planning, preparations etc has my head spinning! My plans are for an all stock-horse show, to be named "North East Congress Live". A preliminary classlist can be found here:

http://phazestudio.com/NECongress.html


I am still waiting on exact dates and locations, but it will be in South Windsor, CT in the beginning of September. As I started planning, the first thing that came into my mind was awards. And thats when I got REALLY distracted and against my better judgment, started sculpting a special medallion just for the show. Here he is: "Vegas"! He was sculpted after the 'real' Vegas, who is a Zips Chocolate Chip baby. It was his photo I used in the logo as well. I'm going to offer the medallion unpainted in a limited edition run to help fund the show, and then very special OOAK customized pieces will be given as awards. The whole medallion is 4"x4".

I still have some work left to do on it; the pieces are not attached to each other yet, which is why there is that shadow underneath his neck. I would love to have some other artists finish some of the awards for me; or perhaps do some auction pieces. Its still very early for all of this; I need to be working on other stuff! But, he just kind of happened along and I am happy with how he turned out.

The other side of the coin is that in doing him, it has REALLY made me want to start working on a full horse. I love doing medallion sculpture, but I am really wanting to get an armature built and start working on a full sculpture. I'm still trying to work out the details in my head of what exactly that should be. I still love the idea of doing Lilly, but also want to do something that hasn't already been done to death. I have some sketches of ideas... perhaps I'll scan those in to share later in the week.

1 comment:

Field of Dolls Studio said...

I love Vegas (I want one) and I can't wait to see ideas for Lilly