Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sneak Peak... "Bambi"


I don't normally paint plastics, since normally we don't get along. Give me a resin to take apart any day... but plastics are just an enigma. That being said, I am so enamored with all the pieces that Maureen Love has done, especially the classic mustang family. They are just so charming, and have this amazing personality that all her pieces share. I had this little mustang foal hanging out in the studio and decided to use her for some experimenting. She's been in process now for a while, and just this afternoon I was able to finish her.

The first thing I did was make her fuzzy. I recently had the honor of doing a restoration on the amazing "Elvis" by Sarah M-B, who has a fuzzy texture to him. This got me thinking about how to go about that, and used my little mustang as the test piece for this technique. "Bambi" was the result! She has been redetailed and painted, and I'll probably put her up for sale tomorrow. Here are some sneak peaks of her face. I'll take studio photos tomorrow.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be doing her family too??

Liesl said...

Yes... but I don't know when! :-) She was kind of squeezed in between other projects, and it just happened that I was able to finish her this morning. Her parents need quite a bit more prepping before they would be ready to paint.

Braymere said...

Squeeee!!! Absolutely adorable!

Danielle Feldman said...

I love her fuzzy! What a darling baby. :D

Karen Meekma said...

She is adorable, looks like she could blink those big baby eyes. Great job.